Thursday, October 7, 2010

Make Your Lipstick Matte!

Matte has definitely made a comeback this year! From matte nail polish to matte lips, it's hard to turn away from this trend and I'm loving it!

I found a great way to make some of my favorite lipsticks matte without having to buy a matte version of that lipstick:
After applying your lipstick just dab a bit of MAKE UP FOR EVER's HD Microfinish Powder. A little goes a long way and your lipstick stays in place all day!


This product retails for about $30 at Sephora and is a multi-purpose setting powder.


MAC Petals & Peacocks (amplified), NYX Strawberry Milk


The swatches on the right are straight out of the tube colors, while the ones to the left are with the MUFE powder. I put a little more powder in the center of the swatches so you can see what happens when you use too much of the powder...(unless that's the look you're going for).


-♥ Ariana

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, thanks for the tip and swatches!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all the time to keep my red lipstick from smudging, but didn't realize it can take a shimmery lipstick and make it matte. Great post I hate shimmery lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl

    Thanks for the comment...I am doing better :)))

    Loving your post on MAC Tartan Tale...can't wait for it to come out...I'm making a list too:)))

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marie-Hope it helps! (:

    @Andrea.-I like to do this to set my lipliner (especially for red lipstick)...and I'm not a big fan of shimmery lipsticks either lol.

    @Dee-I'm glad you're doing better! I can't wait for the collection either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! i never thought of doing this.. i will definitely have to try it :) also, thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tip! I'm going to try it..=)

    Materialgirls23.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this tip! I HATE shiny/frosty lipsticks, but it is so hard to find colors that look good on me in a matte finish. I think you may have just saved my sanity. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every single comment that is left. If you have a question, it will be answered on this post, so make sure to check back. (: